Sunday, October 24, 2010

Captain Sourdough's Menu Plan for 10/24-10/30




Yep, that's me.  My 8 year old dubbed me "Captain Sourdough" the other day and cracked herself up quite a bit (she KILLS herself sometimes).  I am pretty engrossed with sourdough these days, but it's just SO fun!  I love that my 2 year old has been "making sourdough," too, or at least that's often her answer when asked what she's doing.  I mentioned last week that my older two girls started their very own, real live sourdough starter, so I thought I'd share some pics of their success.  The pictures above are on Day 3, and look how bubbly and active already!  If you're interested in the health benefits of sourdough, but haven't yet taken the plunge, let this be an encouragement to you; even an 8 and 10 year old can get a healthy starter going!  Check out the Sourdough eCourse at GNOWFGLINS if you haven't already and get started!  Did I mention that it's SO fun?  (In case you're wondering, I am not an affiliate GNOWFGLINS and have nothing to gain by recommending the eCourse...I just really love what they're doing over there!)


Sunday 10/24
Soaked oatmeal
Chinese cabbage & rice (this was on the menu last week, but we ended up having leftovers that night), baked sweet potatoes

Monday 10/25
Sourdough biscuits, fried eggs
Pork chops, macaroni and cheese, baby limas

Tuesday 10/26
Breakfast cake
Chicken & rice soup, cornbread

Wednesday 10/27
Soaked oatmeal
Pizza with sourdough crust, broccoli

Thursday 10/28
Banana sourdough muffins
Beef brisket, potato salad, squash, sourdough bread

Friday 10/29
Sourdough cinnamon rolls
Fall party with weenie roast!

Saturday 10/31
Sourdough waffles
Leftover buffet

No comments:

Post a Comment