Sunday, November 7, 2010

Two for One Menu Plan

Sourdough Pasta

My menu plan last week never made it from my brain to cyber space, or even paper (I did have one, mind you).  For the sake of record keeping and future menu planning inspiration, I'm listing our evening meals from last week before I get into my usual randomness and this week's plan. 

Sunday, 10/31
Leftover chili and pinto beans

Monday, 11/1
Chicken Divan, sourdough artisan bread

Tuesday, 11/2
Beef pizza on sourdough crust, fried cabbage

Wednesday, 11/3 
Beef stoganoff with sourdough pasta, baked sweet potatoes

Thursday, 11/4
Canada Day!
Sourdough crepes with yogurt cheese, strawberries, and maple syrup
Tourtiere (meat pie; my version had a sourdough crust, sprouted lentils & shredded carrots), poutine (french fries with gravy and cheese), and sugar pie

Friday, 11/5
Bible Study Night!
Roast beef sammies on homemade bread with homemade lacto-fermented mayo, gingerbread with spiced whipped cream

Our very first yard egg
Thursday, we finished up our two week study of Canada and marked the occasion by enjoying some really yummy Canadian cuisine (or at least my version of it).  We've also been having tea since apparently they still do that in some provinces.  We've quite enjoyed it; I imagine we'll continue to have afternoon tea whilst using our best manners (and worst English accents) every chance we get.  I guess the most exciting event of the week, though, was my husband picking up our new backyard flock of chickens Friday morning.  We're now the very proud owners of nine Rhode Island red hens and one rooster.  Yes, very soon there will be lots of fresh eggs on the menu!  Speaking of menus...    

Sunday, 11/7
Soaked oatmeal
Lunch out with friends
Beef, lentil & potato stew, sourdough honey whole wheat bread

Monday, 11/8
Toast and eggs
Chicken and dumplings, baked sweet potatoes

Tuesday, 11/9
Muffins
Lasagna, baby limas

Wednesday, 11/10
Soaked oatmeal
Fried rice with beef & veggies

Thursday, 11/11
Skillet pancakes
Crock pot ragout, sourdough artisan bread

Friday, 11/12
Eggs, hash browns
Crock pot soup

Saturday, 11/13
Sourdough waffles
Leftover buffet 

1 comment: