Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back to School Menu Plan

Technically, we started school Wednesday, but this will be our first full week back...with one tiny interruption; my oldest daughter got braces Thursday and she's already knocked a bracket loose, so Monday we're heading back to the orthodontist for the third time in a little over a week.  I have a feeling they're going to know us really well before long.  School is going really well so far, though.  We've started year one of the multi-age curriculum from My Father's World, and we're loving it!  I especially like that the girls are getting a solid foundation in Creation-based science, and I'm learning right along with them!  It's really fun and I love the structure and routine of school days, but I haven't had as much time to post.  Alas, I do have some recipes coming up soon, plus I'll be posting about my first lard rendering experience!  That is, when I actually get around to doing it!  I've got fifteen pounds of pastured pig fat in my freezer that's been calling my name.  Very, very exicited!  

Sunday, 8/22
Soaked oatmeal
Chicken and dumplings, baked sweet potatoes, purple hull peas

Monday, 8/23
Blueberry muffins (a whole wheat, soaked overnight version of these)
Beef and cheese roll-ups, black beans

Tuesday, 8/24
German pancakes
Nitrate free hotdogs, homemade buns, Creamy mac and cheese, broccoli

Wednesday, 8/25
Baked oatmeal
Italian stew w/ green beans

Thursday, 8/26
Scrambled eggs, hashbrowns
Cheesy chicken & pasta casserole, baby lima beans

Friday, 8/27
Toast, nitrate free bacon, eggs
Deviled eggs, cheddar sourdough biscuits, chocolate sourdough cupcakes w/ cream cheese icing (hosting a bible study, so there will be other finger foods, as well)

Saturday, 8/28
Sourdough pancakes
Leftover buffet

No comments:

Post a Comment