Saturday, August 14, 2010

Menu Plan for 8/15-8/21


We've had family here this past week and we've been wingin' it on meals!  We've had some good ones!  My 3rd daughter's 2nd birthday was Tuesday and I made a delicious AND wholesome chocolate sourdough cake using the recipe at GNOWFGLINS.  Truly the best of both worlds, I don't think I'll ever need another birthday cake recipe!  The cream cheese icing was a little naughty with organic powdered sugar, but it was just a tiny birthday splurge.  It's been a fantastic week with family and the break from planning has been really nice, but I've got to say that I love my menu scheming!  Lots going on this week, so it's a simple one.


The big girls decorated their little sister's cake with a little help from Meme


Sunday, 8/15
Soaked oatmeal
Roast chicken, rice, gravy, sweet potatoes, broccoli 

Monday, 8/16
Eggs, soaked whole wheat biscuits
BLT's   Fried Rice w/ leftover rice and veggies

Tuesday, 8/17
Muffins
Baked spaghetti, green beans

Wednesday, 8/18
French toast
Tortilla Beef Skillet

Thursday, 8/19
Soaked oatmeal
Casserole from the freezer (appointments in town all day)

Friday, 8/20
Sausage, soaked whole wheat biscuits
Chinese cabbage and rice

Saturday, 8/21
Sourdough pancakes
Leftover buffet/sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment