Saturday, July 24, 2010

Menu Plan for 7/25 - 7/31

With VBS behind us, we're now looking forward to a visit from my husband's parents and grandmother sometime in August, and of course to the new school year!  This week will be all about getting back into a good routine, cleaning to get the house company ready, and organizing our school things.  If I'm feeling really ambitious, we may even start on some school work.  I'll also try to step it up in the kitchen this week.  We're running low on snack and sandwich breads in the freezer and I need to start a new yogurt.  I went a little too long between batches last time and killed the one I've been using since January...oops!  Good thing Cultures for Health sends a double batch of dry starter or I'd have to buy another!  Consequently, we've been doing a lot of Creamy Orange Coolers in lieu of smoothies.  I digress...on to the plan.

Sunday, 7/25
Soaked oatmeal
Leftover chicken, broccoli & potatoes, purple hull peas
Sandwiches   

Monday, 7/26
Scrambled eggs, soaked whole wheat biscuits
King Ranch Chicken Casserole, candied carrots

Tuesday, 7/27
Breakfast cake
Cheeseburgers, homemade buns, fried squash

Wednesday, 7/28
Soaked oatmeal, blueberries
Venison steaks, gravy, white beans, rice

Thursday, 7/29
Irish soda bread, nitrate free bacon
Italian Cream Cheese Chicken Casserole, sauteed squash

Friday, 7/30
Scrambled eggs, organic grits
Goulash, mashed potatoes, baby limas

Saturday, 7/31
Sourdough pancakes
Leftover buffet

Snacks
Blackberry Amish friendship bread 
Homemade graham crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment